Calls & emails needed to stop the “Red Tail” Massacre Last Thursday, logging crews re-entered the “Red Tail” timber harvest plan (THP) in Jackson Demonstration State Forest in Mendocino County, to cut large trees on public lands despite a pending review of the management plan. Forest Defenders met them in the woods, and returned again […]
This, despite the fact that protesters, tree-sitters and the public are in the forest.
Activists working to preserve the integrity of the […]
49,000 acres of recovering vibrant forest with large redwoods and other species, south of Fort Bragg on the Mendocino coast were purchased by the state of California in 1949, after having been logged in previous years. Its mission was to serve the purpose of the state operating a “Demonstration Forest” to practice and document sustainable […]
- Alert: Weekend logging in the redwoods in Jackson State Forest! Uphold the People’s Moratorium!
- Raise Your Voice — Again — for Richardson Grove Redwoods!
- New Logging Plan in Mattole Threatens Owl Habitat, Redwood Park, Native Forests and Ancestral Indigenous Land.
- Logging has started in State forest!
- 31st anniversary of the bombing of Judi Bari & Darryl Cherney: Monday, May 24 JOIN US!
- Bay Area issues
- Climate and forests
- fact sheets
- Green Diamond
- Headwaters Forest
- Humboldt Redwood Co. (HRC)
- Indigenous People and Land
- Jackson Demonstration State Forest
- Judi Bari
- Mattole Forests
- Mendocino Redwood Co. (MRC)
- Other North Coast Forests
- Pacific Lumber
- Pacific Lumber Bankruptcy
- Richardson Grove
- Save the Oaks Campaign
- Smith River/Hwy 199 expansion
- Willits Caltrans Bypass