For those who desire to go beyond the bare details into the full story of the face-down in federal court with Charles Hurwitz, here are some sources:
KMUD radio in Humboldt carried updates from court most days (interviews with myself, Remedy, Ken Miller) on its 6 pm news (starting on 4/20; no story on 4/22). At end of trial, news director Cynthia Elkins did an excellent story (4/28) with interviews with jurors and plaintiffs. It is all available at http://kmud.org/site001/program-schedule/302.html
the most comprehensive article was written for the Northcoast Journal: cover story 4/30/09.
Headwaters lawsuit settled for $4 million
Santa Rosa Press Democrat – Santa Rosa,CA,USA
Settlement reached in Maxxam case
Times-Standard – Eureka,CA,USA
Maxxam CEO at the time, Charles Hurwitz, was in the courtroom and was expected … Hurwitz and Maxxam were complicit in that alleged fraud, the plaintiffs …
Suit over Headwaters fraud settled – $4 million
San Francisco Chronicle – San Francisco,CA,USA
Hurwitz and his investment company, Maxxam Inc., bought control of Pacific Lumber in 1986 and substantially increased logging in Northern California to help …
your furry forest friends at BACH
- Alert: Weekend logging in the redwoods in Jackson State Forest! Uphold the People’s Moratorium!
- Raise Your Voice — Again — for Richardson Grove Redwoods!
- New Logging Plan in Mattole Threatens Owl Habitat, Redwood Park, Native Forests and Ancestral Indigenous Land.
- Logging has started in State forest!
- 31st anniversary of the bombing of Judi Bari & Darryl Cherney: Monday, May 24 JOIN US!
- Bay Area issues
- Climate and forests
- fact sheets
- Green Diamond
- Headwaters Forest
- Humboldt Redwood Co. (HRC)
- Indigenous People and Land
- Jackson Demonstration State Forest
- Judi Bari
- Mattole Forests
- Mendocino Redwood Co. (MRC)
- Other North Coast Forests
- Pacific Lumber
- Pacific Lumber Bankruptcy
- Richardson Grove
- Save the Oaks Campaign
- Smith River/Hwy 199 expansion
- Willits Caltrans Bypass