Join us to commemorate the 29th anniversary of the bombing of Judi Bari & Darryl Cherney & attack on Earth First! and Redwood Summer, with a Speak-Out, Sing- Out, and
Show of Solidarity.
Where: E. 34th &
Park Blvd, Oakland (nr. MacArthur at Oakland High School) :: ::
Bring musical instruments, poems & your voice.
A bit of history:
Northern California Earth First! activists Judi Bari & Darryl Cherney were subjects of a bomb attack by an unknown assailant in Oakland on May 24, 1990 while organizing for Redwood Summer. They were charged with bombing themselves by the FBI & OPD. Earth First! was smeared, & a real investigation was never done.
Judi & Darryl sued the FBI & OPD for civil rights violations, winning the case in 2002. Judi Bari died in 1997. Activists continue to investigate the bombing. Judi famously said, “The FBI should find the bomber…& fire him!”
We will never forget.
We will never give up.
We will never compromise in defense of Mother Earth.
- Oct. 12 – Berkeley Indigenous Peoples Day
- Passionate and Persistent Activism in the Pandemic
- News from the forest…and news from the streets
- 30th anniversary of the bombing of Judi Bari and Darryl Cherney ~ Sunday, May 24
- Redwood Forest Defenders Occupy Trees in Strawberry Rock Timber Plan–Call on Green Diamond to halt logging
- Bay Area issues
- Climate and forests
- fact sheets
- Green Diamond
- Headwaters Forest
- Humboldt Redwood Co. (HRC)
- Indigenous People and Land
- Judi Bari
- Mattole Forests
- Mendocino Redwood Co. (MRC)
- Other North Coast Forests
- Pacific Lumber
- Pacific Lumber Bankruptcy
- Richardson Grove
- Save the Oaks Campaign
- Smith River/Hwy 199 expansion
- Willits Caltrans Bypass