Update: Richardson Grove Court Date
A number of us were in Federal Court last Wednesday to hear arguments from both defendants Caltrans, and environmental organization plaintiffs in the Richardson Grove court case, back before a judge once again. This has been a long saga. After extensive arguments and many questions from the court, Judge Alsup took those arguments under consideration, and will deliver a decision sometime in the foreseeable future.
There was a post-court radio story with an interview with Karen Pickett on KMUD radio here:
and a press release from the Center for Biological Diversity, a plaintiff in the case:
Courthouse News also posted a story:
We will post further updates. Stay tuned.
Stop Clearcuts-for-Kilowatts dirty energy scheme!
This is a last minute announcement, but important. A hearing will take place this Thursday/Dec. 6 in Sacramento around the catastrophic fires, logging and “dirty” energy. There are proposal to use funds from Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for logging an ecologically unique forest in Stanislaus National Forest in a false energy solution scam. Leading forest fire ecology expert Chad Hanson is convening a group in Sac that includes the Center for Biological Diversity, the John Muir Project, Greenpeace, Sierra Club–and YOU, if you can make it to stop this potentially disastrous forest exploitation scam in line with the Administration’s anti-science agenda.
- Richardson Grove court report; Forests & Climate hearing this week!
- Actions in the Forest, plus Forests in Court
- Visit BACH’s booth at Indigenous Peoples’ Day Oct. 6!
- Buffalo Field Campaign Roadshow in Berkeley
- Week of Action for Mattole Forest Wraps Up with Demonstrations at Corporate Offices and Mill. Then…Log Truck Rams Through Protesters With Banner at Mill, Nearly Mowing People Down
- Bay Area issues
- Climate and forests
- fact sheets
- Green Diamond
- Headwaters Forest
- Humboldt Redwood Co. (HRC)
- Judi Bari
- Mattole River Watershed
- Mendocino Redwood Co. (MRC)
- Other North Coast Forests
- Pacific Lumber
- Pacific Lumber Bankruptcy
- Richardson Grove
- Save the Oaks Campaign
- Smith River/Hwy 199 expansion
- Willits Caltrans Bypass