Join us at the Ecology Center in Berkeley – 2530 San Pablo Ave. at Dwight
for The Buffalo Field Campaign’s 2013 Roadshow event. A night of spoken-word, video, music, and story-sharing about the plight of wild buffalo; the Buffalo Field Campaign’s effective efforts to defend them; the strong links between First Nations, buffalo, and BFC; and how you can become involved.
This evening will feature video presentation and storytelling with Mike Mease, co-founder and campaign leader of the Buffalo Field Campaign.
We are also honored to be hosting special guest John Trudell (http://johntrudell.com), acclaimed poet, national recording artist, actor and activist. John Trudell (Santee Sioux) was a spokesperson for the Indian of All Tribes occupation of Alcatraz Island from 1969 to 1971 and served as the Chairman of the American Indian Movement (AIM) from 1973 to 1979.
There will also be special performance by fellow activists and First Nations musicians Good Shield Aguilar and Mignon Geli (http://goodshieldaguilar.bandcamp.com).
See http://www.buffalofieldcampaign.org/ for more information.
$5 to 25 Sliding scale; No one turned away for lack of funds.
Info: Beck (510) 548-2220, x239; email@example.com
- Update from the Mattole Forest Campaign
- Two events of interest with short notice:
- **Action Camps for Mattole Forests** **Celebration for and in Richardson Grove**
- Stop Humboldt Redwood Company unsustainable logging!
- Pre-Dawn Arrests at Spectacular Mono-pod Blockade at Logging Gate at Rainbow Ridge, Mattole
- Bay Area issues
- Climate and forests
- fact sheets
- Green Diamond
- Headwaters Forest
- Humboldt Redwood Co. (HRC)
- Judi Bari
- Mattole Forests
- Mendocino Redwood Co. (MRC)
- Other North Coast Forests
- Pacific Lumber
- Pacific Lumber Bankruptcy
- Richardson Grove
- Save the Oaks Campaign
- Smith River/Hwy 199 expansion
- Willits Caltrans Bypass