Last week we lost a force of nature, and one who has been involved in all manner of ecological issues on the northcoast for decades. Yurok elder Jene McCovey has certainly been very involved since long before she was an elder. It seemed that Jene was everywhere people were getting together to strategize on […]
Berkeley INDIGENOUS PEOPLES DAY
POW WOW & Indian Market 28th Annual Celebration
Monday, October 12, 2020, 2 pm
A Virtual Commemorative Event on ZOOM
Join Here: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81672395529
Meeting ID: 816 7239 5529
Berkeley’s Indigenous Peoples Day Powwow and Indian Market has been the ongoing celebration of […]
- New Logging Plan in Mattole Threatens Owl Habitat, Redwood Park, Native Forests and Ancestral Indigenous Land.
- Logging has started in State forest!
- 31st anniversary of the bombing of Judi Bari & Darryl Cherney: Monday, May 24 JOIN US!
- Tree-Sits, Blockades and Forestry Science vs. California “Demonstrating” Profitability?
- Viva! Jene! and Redwood Groves Saved
- Bay Area issues
- Climate and forests
- fact sheets
- Green Diamond
- Headwaters Forest
- Humboldt Redwood Co. (HRC)
- Indigenous People and Land
- Jackson Demonstration State Forest
- Judi Bari
- Mattole Forests
- Mendocino Redwood Co. (MRC)
- Other North Coast Forests
- Pacific Lumber
- Pacific Lumber Bankruptcy
- Richardson Grove
- Save the Oaks Campaign
- Smith River/Hwy 199 expansion
- Willits Caltrans Bypass