::: We hope you will join us on May 23 and 24 for very special events :::
The 20th anniversary of the pipe bomb attack on Judi Bari, Darryl Cherney and attack on Earth First! on May 24, 1990 will be recognized in events in the Bay Area over the course of 2 days:
(May 24 in the City of Oakland is Judi Bari Day, so voted by the City Council)
a commemoration and a celebration of revolutionary resistance and movement solidarity
Sunday, May 23, 7 pm
La Pena Cultural Center (3105 Shattuck, Berkeley)
Speakers include Ramona Africa from Move in Philadelphia, lead attorney in the Judi Bari vs FBI case Dennis Cunningham, and climate justice activist Gopal Dayeneni
Live music will feature Mokai, Alicia Littletree, K. Rudin and others
The event will include a film tribute to Judi, exciting historical exhibit and more.
The event is free.
Marking the moment:
On May 24, people from near and far will gather at 11:30 am to mark the moment of the bomb explosion (just before noon) at the site in Oakland that it blasted through Judi’s car, nearly killing her and forever changing the Earth First! movement. There will be music, and a speak-out. The site is in front of Oakland High School, near E.33rd on Park Blvd. Info at 510-548-3113, <http://www.judibari.org>www.judibari.org and Bay Area Coalition for Headwaters Facebook page.
:: :: :: :: ::
We are raising funds to cover expenses of this commemoration, including reprinting Judi’s essays, hall rental and travel funds for out of town speakers so that the events can be free and accessible to all. Make tax-deductible donations by going to <http://www.HeadwatersPreserve.org>www.HeadwatersPreserve.org and clicking on the “donate” button at the top (enter “Judi Bari” in the notes box on the donation form.) or send a check made out to Earth First! to P.O. Box 210, Canyon, CA 94516 (“Judi Bari” in the memo line.) All funds go directly to support the event.
Cosponsors include Earth First!, the Industrial Workers of the World (IWW) and the Bay Area Coalition for Headwaters (BACH).
- New Logging Plan in Mattole Threatens Owl Habitat, Redwood Park, Native Forests and Ancestral Indigenous Land.
- Logging has started in State forest!
- 31st anniversary of the bombing of Judi Bari & Darryl Cherney: Monday, May 24 JOIN US!
- Tree-Sits, Blockades and Forestry Science vs. California “Demonstrating” Profitability?
- Viva! Jene! and Redwood Groves Saved
- Bay Area issues
- Climate and forests
- fact sheets
- Green Diamond
- Headwaters Forest
- Humboldt Redwood Co. (HRC)
- Indigenous People and Land
- Jackson Demonstration State Forest
- Judi Bari
- Mattole Forests
- Mendocino Redwood Co. (MRC)
- Other North Coast Forests
- Pacific Lumber
- Pacific Lumber Bankruptcy
- Richardson Grove
- Save the Oaks Campaign
- Smith River/Hwy 199 expansion
- Willits Caltrans Bypass