>< FOREST UPDATES & EVENTS from the Bay Area Coalition for Headwaters April 4, 2008 >< 1. Pacific Lumber bankruptcy case heating up: changes on near horizon 2. Bohemian Grove redwoods threatened again: public meeting 3. Oaks tree-sitters persevere: 500th day celebration ****Everyone is getting into the Act: Lots of hands grabbing at California's [...]
>< FOREST UPDATES & EVENTS from the Bay Area Coalition for Headwaters March 6, 2008 >< Update on redwood and oaks campaigns: Bankruptcy and urban tree-sits Pacific Lumber: Are Hurwitz & Maxxam FINALLY on their way OUT of Humboldt County? We hope. Things have picked up considerable speed in the Pacific Lumber (PL) bankruptcy [...]
>< UPDATE and ALERT from the Bay Area Coalition for Headwaters January 1, 2008 >< :: Pacific Lumber Bankruptcy Update ::Update on the Oak Grove Tree Sit in Berkeley PACIFIC LUMBER IS ONE YEAR INTO BANKRUPTCY AND A SHIFT IS FINALLY MANIFESTING The last lengthy update we sent you on the Pacific Lumber situation [...]
>< >< Forest ALERT and UPDATE from the Bay Area Coalition for Headwaters October 2, 2007 >< >< 1. Pacific Lumber Releases Plan for Post-Bankruptcy Management and Sale of Land (Brace yourself) 2. Oak Grove in Berkeley: Oaks on trial, Tree-sitters under injunction and trees surrounded by fence Preamble: BACH's alerts have been infrequent [...]
Forest ALERT and UPDATE
from the Bay Area Coalition for Headwaters
May 16, 2007
1 >>Pacific Lumber Bankruptcy
2 >>Judi Bari Day May 24
3 >> Endangered Oaks in Berkeley
4 >>Threatened Marbled Murrelet Under Legal Attack
PACIFIC LUMBER BANKRUPTCY PROCEEDINGS STAY IN TEXAS
Federal Judge Richard […]
This is an alert about the outrageous recall effort underway, largely financed by Maxxam/Pacific Lumber to oust the Humboldt county District Attorney Paul Gallegos, who filed a fraud legal case against PL a number of months ago. (See story in our last newsletter, on our website, for background).
This fraud case is hugely […]
- New Logging Plan in Mattole Threatens Owl Habitat, Redwood Park, Native Forests and Ancestral Indigenous Land.
- Logging has started in State forest!
- 31st anniversary of the bombing of Judi Bari & Darryl Cherney: Monday, May 24 JOIN US!
- Tree-Sits, Blockades and Forestry Science vs. California “Demonstrating” Profitability?
- Viva! Jene! and Redwood Groves Saved
- Bay Area issues
- Climate and forests
- fact sheets
- Green Diamond
- Headwaters Forest
- Humboldt Redwood Co. (HRC)
- Indigenous People and Land
- Jackson Demonstration State Forest
- Judi Bari
- Mattole Forests
- Mendocino Redwood Co. (MRC)
- Other North Coast Forests
- Pacific Lumber
- Pacific Lumber Bankruptcy
- Richardson Grove
- Save the Oaks Campaign
- Smith River/Hwy 199 expansion
- Willits Caltrans Bypass