Good News for Gualala Redwoods
On Sept. 14, Sonoma County Superior Court issued a Preliminary Injunction to halt logging of the controversial Gualala River “Dogwood” logging plan area until a trial decision. Friends of Gualala River and Forest Unlimited had brought the lawsuit following comments and petitions opposing the proposed floodplain redwood logging along more […]
Is it Timber Wars all over again or a kinder, gentler forestry? It depends whether you are prone to believe greenwash or science and ground-truthing.
Humboldt Redwood Co. (HRC) and Mendocino Redwood Co. (MRC) came to their position as major forest owners in Northern California (400,000+ acres) via different trajectories: MRC owns 227,000 acres in Mendocino County purchased from the multi-national Louisiana-Pacific […]
- New Logging Plan in Mattole Threatens Owl Habitat, Redwood Park, Native Forests and Ancestral Indigenous Land.
- Logging has started in State forest!
- 31st anniversary of the bombing of Judi Bari & Darryl Cherney: Monday, May 24 JOIN US!
- Tree-Sits, Blockades and Forestry Science vs. California “Demonstrating” Profitability?
- Viva! Jene! and Redwood Groves Saved
- Bay Area issues
- Climate and forests
- fact sheets
- Green Diamond
- Headwaters Forest
- Humboldt Redwood Co. (HRC)
- Indigenous People and Land
- Jackson Demonstration State Forest
- Judi Bari
- Mattole Forests
- Mendocino Redwood Co. (MRC)
- Other North Coast Forests
- Pacific Lumber
- Pacific Lumber Bankruptcy
- Richardson Grove
- Save the Oaks Campaign
- Smith River/Hwy 199 expansion
- Willits Caltrans Bypass