We haven’t posted in a while, so our solidarity statement is coming a bit late. But we have been acting on our solidarity, in the streets, and in our lives.
After putting up tree-sits earlier in the spring to protect redwood forest in California’s far north coast, upon discovering active logging in April, forest defenders […]
On Wednesday, April 1, Redwood Forest Defenders occupied tree sits in the contentious Strawberry Rock timber harvest plan, calling on Green Diamond Company to stop logging now!
Green Diamond Resource Company (GDRC), a private timber company, has started industrial logging operations in the Strawberry Rock area in northern Humboldt County, a site culturally […]
Forest and Species Issues Making News in Northern California Mattole Forests
The intrepid Mattole Forest Defenders are organizing an action training camp in the Lost Coast area for mid-March. Stay tuned for more details as local activists gear up for the logging season. Contact email@example.com, or us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the same neighborhood, another hard-working […]
HAPPY NEW YEAR! We hope this is a good year for wild places everywhere and all of our fellow species! Take action to make it so.
With Maxxam gone, other timber companies threaten integrity of Headwaters Forest Reserve
Thirteen years after the historic transfer of the largest groves of ancient redwoods left on Maxxam/Pacific Lumber’s […]
- News from the forest…and news from the streets
- 30th anniversary of the bombing of Judi Bari and Darryl Cherney ~ Sunday, May 24
- Redwood Forest Defenders Occupy Trees in Strawberry Rock Timber Plan–Call on Green Diamond to halt logging
- Converging for the Forest and the Climate
- Mattole Forests Under Assault Again!
- Bay Area issues
- Climate and forests
- fact sheets
- Green Diamond
- Headwaters Forest
- Humboldt Redwood Co. (HRC)
- Judi Bari
- Mattole Forests
- Mendocino Redwood Co. (MRC)
- Other North Coast Forests
- Pacific Lumber
- Pacific Lumber Bankruptcy
- Richardson Grove
- Save the Oaks Campaign
- Smith River/Hwy 199 expansion
- Willits Caltrans Bypass