Marking over 20 yrs of front line action for the wild buffalo, the 2018 Buffalo Field Campaign Roadshow is coming to the Bay Area.
When: Saturday, Sept. 29, 7 pm
Where: the Ecology Center, 2530 San Pablo Ave. in Berkeley
Buffalo Field Campaign co-founder Mike Mease will bring captivating stories and striking film footage direct from the land of the buffalo, with music by flutist Mignon Geli and songs of the buffalo by Karaj.
The Buffalo Field Campaign works to end the slaughter and harassment of the last wild herds of buffalo in their native habitat in West Yellowstone, Montana.
BFC uses video documentation, non-violent direct action, education and lobbying to change archaic laws targeting buffalo. Volunteers from around the world spend every day, sunrise to sunset, monitoring, documenting and running patrols on skis, snowshoes and other means to defend buffalo as they migrate in their traditional winter habitat.
They have new stories every time they come to the Bay Area, so come out on Sept. 29 for a very special event.
- Oct. 12 – Berkeley Indigenous Peoples Day
- Passionate and Persistent Activism in the Pandemic
- News from the forest…and news from the streets
- 30th anniversary of the bombing of Judi Bari and Darryl Cherney ~ Sunday, May 24
- Redwood Forest Defenders Occupy Trees in Strawberry Rock Timber Plan–Call on Green Diamond to halt logging
- Bay Area issues
- Climate and forests
- fact sheets
- Green Diamond
- Headwaters Forest
- Humboldt Redwood Co. (HRC)
- Indigenous People and Land
- Judi Bari
- Mattole Forests
- Mendocino Redwood Co. (MRC)
- Other North Coast Forests
- Pacific Lumber
- Pacific Lumber Bankruptcy
- Richardson Grove
- Save the Oaks Campaign
- Smith River/Hwy 199 expansion
- Willits Caltrans Bypass