Mattole Forest Defense Training Camp May 24-27
We just got this call out from the forest defenders in the Mattole:
Come hang out, learn awesome skills, and get plugged in with your local forest defense campaigns!
We will be gathering from the 24th until the 27th of May for an Action Training Camp in the Mattole River watershed. We recognize this land was stolen from the indigenous Mattole people.
Please RSVP for directions.
Workshops and discussions will include:
Strategic non-violent direct action
Know your rights and security culture,
Tree climbing training and knots
Navigating in the Mountains
Herbal first aid.
Trauma informed care
This camp is in support of the ongoing old-growth forest defense on Rainbow Ridge in the Mattole watershed. For at least 20 years, forest defenders have climbed trees, blocked logging roads and locked themselves to logging equipment to stop the destruction of these ancient trees.
This camp site is ADA accessible; for other accessibility needs please include in your RSVP and we will do our best.
Help us to co-create an inclusive safer space where people feel good about addressing oppressive behaviors to heal and unlearn them.
RSVP for directions
- Update from the Mattole Forest Campaign
- Two events of interest with short notice:
- **Action Camps for Mattole Forests** **Celebration for and in Richardson Grove**
- Stop Humboldt Redwood Company unsustainable logging!
- Pre-Dawn Arrests at Spectacular Mono-pod Blockade at Logging Gate at Rainbow Ridge, Mattole
- Bay Area issues
- Climate and forests
- fact sheets
- Green Diamond
- Headwaters Forest
- Humboldt Redwood Co. (HRC)
- Judi Bari
- Mattole Forests
- Mendocino Redwood Co. (MRC)
- Other North Coast Forests
- Pacific Lumber
- Pacific Lumber Bankruptcy
- Richardson Grove
- Save the Oaks Campaign
- Smith River/Hwy 199 expansion
- Willits Caltrans Bypass