You are encouraged to attend a hearing at the State Court of Appeals that will hear oral arguments challenging previous findings from the State Court re. Caltrans’ plans to “realign” Highway 101 through the old growth of Richardson Grove State Park in Humboldt County. Lawsuits to stop highway work within the park were launched in both State and Federal Court.
The injunction from environmentalists’ win in federal court have held off heavy equipment thus far–you will hear more about the federal case soon. The same environmental groups, however, lost in state court via an unfortunate decision by a judge in Humboldt County. That decision is being appealed, and it is arguments for that appeal that will be heard next Wed., Jan. 15. Location:
Calif. State Court of Appeals
350 McAllister, 4th floor in San Francisco.
This court is very close to the Civil Center BART.
If there is a change at the last minute, as is not uncommon with court cases, we will send out an email notice as soon as we know.
COME OUT AND SUPPORT THE ATTORNEYS ARGUING FOR THE REDWOODS OF RICHARDSON GROVE IF YOU CAN!
Watch for more news about Caltrans’ other disaster on the North Coast–the Willits Bypass Project–going out to this list soon.
Thanks for your support! See our previous updates at www.HeadwatersPreserve.org and stay tuned!
- Action Updates: Mattole Forest Blockade and Richardson Grove!
- More on Richardson Grove Redux: Trucks vs. Redwoods
- Here we go again. New documents on Richardson Grove highway work, mirroring the old documents rejected by Federal Court
- Radio towers and murrelets; climate and deforestation
- Raise Your Voice for Wildlands Plans
- Bay Area issues
- Climate and forests
- fact sheets
- Green Diamond
- Headwaters Forest
- Humboldt Redwood Co. (HRC)
- Judi Bari
- Mendocino Redwood Co. (MRC)
- Other North Coast Forests
- Pacific Lumber
- Pacific Lumber Bankruptcy
- Richardson Grove
- Save the Oaks Campaign
- Smith River/Hwy 199 expansion
- Willits Caltrans Bypass