Our friends in the Willits area that we are working with opposing the Caltrans Bypass Highway just put out this Action Camp announcement. It’s a beautiful time of year to go up to Willits, and there is much to do to save the wetlands and woodlands.
Call to Action! Action Camp Opens April 7-14!
Your help is needed to sustain our nonviolent resistance to Caltran’s Bypass project through Little Lake Valley in Willits. Please join us at Action Camp.
Construction has started. On April 2, tree sitter Warbler was roughly wrested from her perch and her Ponderosa pine cut down. Tree sitters Celsius and Caspian, Falcon and Eagle have also been brutally forced from their trees. Many more large old hardwoods are being cut down every working day.
We will not back down in the face of overwhelming force and police-state tactics. Our love for the Valley is stronger than that. Please join us at Action Camp to help slow the destruction until a legal resolution can be reached.
Who? Local and out of town activists who want to protect the Valley welcome!
What? A place to meet, camp out, train and organize together for nonviolent direct
action. Nonviolence, climbing, back woods training, camp care and set up Lots to do!
When? April 7-14 and after as needed. Arrive Saturday evening after the Rally for the
Valley at 2-6 p.m. in Recreation Grove in Willits
Where? On a beautiful parcel just west of Willits generously donated by a local supporter
Why? To protest Caltrans’ planned destruction of Paradise to put up a Freeway Bypass.
Please no dogs as cows are in the fields. Come for any amount of time you can contribute or camp the whole week. See you there!
For more information and directions to camp:
Contact: Naomi Wagner 707 459-0548
Ellen Faulkner 707 485-5867
:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::
- Buffalo Field Campaign Roadshow in Berkeley
- Week of Action for Mattole Forest Wraps Up with Demonstrations at Corporate Offices and Mill. Then…Log Truck Rams Through Protesters With Banner at Mill, Nearly Mowing People Down
- Don’t commodify Mother Earth and her forests!
- Forest Defenders’ Blockade in Mattole Raided by Paramilitary-style Security
- New tripod blockade in Mattole, new suit in Gualala forest
- Bay Area issues
- Climate and forests
- fact sheets
- Green Diamond
- Headwaters Forest
- Humboldt Redwood Co. (HRC)
- Judi Bari
- Mattole River Watershed
- Mendocino Redwood Co. (MRC)
- Other North Coast Forests
- Pacific Lumber
- Pacific Lumber Bankruptcy
- Richardson Grove
- Save the Oaks Campaign
- Smith River/Hwy 199 expansion
- Willits Caltrans Bypass