Alert from the Bay Area Coalition for Headwaters ::: Nov. 4, 2010
Court hearing on Richardson Grove case in SF needs support: Please attend on Nov. 10
We need whomever can make it to SF on Wednesday morning to be in the courtroom for a 9:30 am hearing to show support for the great legal team who filed suit against Caltrans concerning their highway-widening project through Richardson Grove State Park. Caltrans has filed a change of venue motion, opposed by our environmental attorneys, and it will be argued in SF Superior Court, Dept. 301, 400 McAllister St. (at Polk) It is very near Civic Center BART.
It is especially difficult to get people out on a weekday morning, so if you are able to come, your presence will be especially valuable. It is likely to be short hearing.
This case for the redwoods in Richardson Grove has a fantastic legal team, so it should be an interesting session. Attorneys representing EPIC and the Center for Biological Diversity will be present.
You can call the BACH office if you have questions. We hope you can attend.
- Pre-Dawn Arrests at Spectacular Mono-pod Blockade at Logging Gate at Rainbow Ridge, Mattole
- Earth First! Journal Roadshow in Berkeley June 9
- Judi Bari Day: May 24
- Environmental Issues Prevail in Richardson Grove Redwoods vs. Caltrans in Federal Case
- BACH in Earth Island Journal, plus this Sunday: Music Benefit for Climate Justice & Direct Action
- Bay Area issues
- Climate and forests
- fact sheets
- Green Diamond
- Headwaters Forest
- Humboldt Redwood Co. (HRC)
- Judi Bari
- Mattole Forests
- Mendocino Redwood Co. (MRC)
- Other North Coast Forests
- Pacific Lumber
- Pacific Lumber Bankruptcy
- Richardson Grove
- Save the Oaks Campaign
- Smith River/Hwy 199 expansion
- Willits Caltrans Bypass