We have been working with an Albany City Councilperson on a resolution to be brought before the Albany City Council in support of Richardson Grove, urging Gov. Schwarzenegger to rescind the Highway 101 widening project that would compromise the majestic ancient redwoods of Richardson Grove in Humboldt County.
The resolution will come before the Council next Monday, and you are urged to be there to show support!
Monday, Sept. 20, 7:30 pm
Albany City Council Chambers, City Hall
1000 San Pablo Ave.
The item will be on the agenda at the beginning of the meeting.
Hope to see you there! We will bring posters, brochures and other Richardson Grove materials.
- Comments Needed on Mattole Forest road building, Offshore Oil and wild Smith River!
- Action Updates: Mattole Forest Blockade and Richardson Grove!
- More on Richardson Grove Redux: Trucks vs. Redwoods
- Here we go again. New documents on Richardson Grove highway work, mirroring the old documents rejected by Federal Court
- Radio towers and murrelets; climate and deforestation
- Bay Area issues
- Climate and forests
- fact sheets
- Green Diamond
- Headwaters Forest
- Humboldt Redwood Co. (HRC)
- Judi Bari
- Mattole River Watershed
- Mendocino Redwood Co. (MRC)
- Other North Coast Forests
- Pacific Lumber
- Pacific Lumber Bankruptcy
- Richardson Grove
- Save the Oaks Campaign
- Smith River/Hwy 199 expansion
- Willits Caltrans Bypass