We have been working with an Albany City Councilperson on a resolution to be brought before the Albany City Council in support of Richardson Grove, urging Gov. Schwarzenegger to rescind the Highway 101 widening project that would compromise the majestic ancient redwoods of Richardson Grove in Humboldt County.
The resolution will come before the Council next Monday, and you are urged to be there to show support!
Monday, Sept. 20, 7:30 pm
Albany City Council Chambers, City Hall
1000 San Pablo Ave.
The item will be on the agenda at the beginning of the meeting.
Hope to see you there! We will bring posters, brochures and other Richardson Grove materials.
- News from the forest…and news from the streets
- 30th anniversary of the bombing of Judi Bari and Darryl Cherney ~ Sunday, May 24
- Redwood Forest Defenders Occupy Trees in Strawberry Rock Timber Plan–Call on Green Diamond to halt logging
- Converging for the Forest and the Climate
- Mattole Forests Under Assault Again!
- Bay Area issues
- Climate and forests
- fact sheets
- Green Diamond
- Headwaters Forest
- Humboldt Redwood Co. (HRC)
- Judi Bari
- Mattole Forests
- Mendocino Redwood Co. (MRC)
- Other North Coast Forests
- Pacific Lumber
- Pacific Lumber Bankruptcy
- Richardson Grove
- Save the Oaks Campaign
- Smith River/Hwy 199 expansion
- Willits Caltrans Bypass