Judge Miller’s decision regarding the long standing lawsuits against development that would level the Oak Grove on Piedmont Ave. in Berkeley, defended for over a year and a half by intrepid tree-sitters will come on Wednesday June 18. We must be at the ready to respond.
We just got this in from the Berkeley Grandmothers for the Oaks…
“Please join us for a Special Activism Training this Saturday June 14, 11 am-3 pm, at Ohlone Park – Hearst Ave. & McGee Ave. in Berkeley (just west of the Dog Park.)
The judge’s decision is coming up next week, and this is a critical time for the oak grove. We grannies want to get prepared for hell or high water or chainsaws, and we have brought in some friends to lead us in a training to focus on activism to help those beautiful trees.
Hope to see you there. Please try to arrive promptly at 11 am if you can. If you have questions or need directions you can call 510 938 2109. And please tell your friends!
Love and pumpkin pies,
The Berkeley Grandmothers for the Oaks”
- News from the forest…and news from the streets
- 30th anniversary of the bombing of Judi Bari and Darryl Cherney ~ Sunday, May 24
- Redwood Forest Defenders Occupy Trees in Strawberry Rock Timber Plan–Call on Green Diamond to halt logging
- Converging for the Forest and the Climate
- Mattole Forests Under Assault Again!
- Bay Area issues
- Climate and forests
- fact sheets
- Green Diamond
- Headwaters Forest
- Humboldt Redwood Co. (HRC)
- Judi Bari
- Mattole Forests
- Mendocino Redwood Co. (MRC)
- Other North Coast Forests
- Pacific Lumber
- Pacific Lumber Bankruptcy
- Richardson Grove
- Save the Oaks Campaign
- Smith River/Hwy 199 expansion
- Willits Caltrans Bypass