June 27, 2005
>< +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Please Comment: Endangered Habitat On the Chopping Block +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ** Please contact California Department of Forestry (CDF). Deadline is July 8 ** Charles Hurwitz's Maxxam / Pacific Lumber Co. is at it again - this time trying to liquidate as much old-growth forest as it can in anticipation [...]
State Water Board will decide at a hearing JUNE 16 whether the stay on logging in the impaired watersheds of Elk River and Freshwater will stand. (See BACH’s April 7 and March 30 alerts for details). We re-post EPIC’s alert below, which also includes information about old growth forest hikes. Also check out […]
- HRC and MRC–It all comes down to the Fi$her Family. also~Gualala Redwoods, Klamath NF
- July 19 Protest Against Mendocino Redwood Co. for Herbicide Use
- Rally in the Redwoods Saturday July 16
- Update on North Coast Forest Issues on Our Radar: Caltrans Threats to Forests, Wetlands and Native Culture Remain on BACH’s Agenda
- Willits News Journalist Arrested at Bypass Construction Suing for False Arrest ::: Trial in San Francisco Under Way ::: Support Good Journalism on Environmental Issues!