Water Board caves to PL pressure despite rivers of evidence
Pepper Spray by Q-tip civil rights trial nears, trial-related events in Bay Area
Forest activist get-together next week (April 7)
Day of Action for forests at Victoria’s Secret April 14
WATER REGULATORS CAVE
On March 10, we alerted this list […]
On March 10, we alerted this list regarding the Wednesday, March 16 North Coast Regional Water Quality Control Board (NCRWQCB) public hearing in Santa Rosa to consider demands by Maxxam/Pacific Lumber Co. (PL) for authorization to conduct extensive logging in two of its severely fractured watersheds, Elk River and Freshwater Creek.
That hearing is still […]
Please come to Wednesday’s Water Board meeting in Santa Rosa if you
Big Timber’s Last Stand
The Latest Tree War Pits Pacific Lumber’s Logging Plan Against an
Aiming To Protect Streams From Runoff
Sunday, March 13, 2005
By MIKE GENIELLA
THE PRESS DEMOCRAT
For two decades, the […]
IMPORTANT PUBLIC HEARING! ATTENDANCE NEEDED!
DATE: Wednesday, March 16, 2005
TIME: The hearing will begin at 9 am. Come early to get a seat!
We recommend being there by 8 am. See http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/northcoast/agenda/03_2005/03_2005.html for the agenda.
PLACE: North Coast Regional Water Quality Control Board
5550 Skylane Blvd., Suite A, Santa Rosa (directions below)
- Comments Needed on Mattole Forest road building, Offshore Oil and wild Smith River!
- Action Updates: Mattole Forest Blockade and Richardson Grove!
- More on Richardson Grove Redux: Trucks vs. Redwoods
- Here we go again. New documents on Richardson Grove highway work, mirroring the old documents rejected by Federal Court
- Radio towers and murrelets; climate and deforestation
- Bay Area issues
- Climate and forests
- fact sheets
- Green Diamond
- Headwaters Forest
- Humboldt Redwood Co. (HRC)
- Judi Bari
- Mattole River Watershed
- Mendocino Redwood Co. (MRC)
- Other North Coast Forests
- Pacific Lumber
- Pacific Lumber Bankruptcy
- Richardson Grove
- Save the Oaks Campaign
- Smith River/Hwy 199 expansion
- Willits Caltrans Bypass