Water Board caves to PL pressure despite rivers of evidence
Pepper Spray by Q-tip civil rights trial nears, trial-related events in Bay Area
Forest activist get-together next week (April 7)
Day of Action for forests at Victoria’s Secret April 14
WATER REGULATORS CAVE
On March 10, we alerted this list [...]
On March 10, we alerted this list regarding the Wednesday, March 16 North Coast Regional Water Quality Control Board (NCRWQCB) public hearing in Santa Rosa to consider demands by Maxxam/Pacific Lumber Co. (PL) for authorization to conduct extensive logging in two of its severely fractured watersheds, Elk River and Freshwater Creek.
That hearing is still [...]
Please come to Wednesday’s Water Board meeting in Santa Rosa if you
Big Timber’s Last Stand
The Latest Tree War Pits Pacific Lumber’s Logging Plan Against an
Aiming To Protect Streams From Runoff
Sunday, March 13, 2005
By MIKE GENIELLA
THE PRESS DEMOCRAT
For two decades, the [...]
IMPORTANT PUBLIC HEARING! ATTENDANCE NEEDED!
DATE: Wednesday, March 16, 2005
TIME: The hearing will begin at 9 am. Come early to get a seat!
We recommend being there by 8 am. See http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/northcoast/agenda/03_2005/03_2005.html for the agenda.
PLACE: North Coast Regional Water Quality Control Board
5550 Skylane Blvd., Suite A, Santa Rosa (directions below)
- News Update on Caltrans Bypass campaign in Willits: Native American resolution
- Bay Area Coalition for Headwaters Alert: Richardson Grove Redwoods Need Your Help!
- Take a Stand for the Wetlands on Oct.12
- Put the Brakes on Caltrans ! Tell Caltrans ~ No More Super Highways Where We Don’t Need Them !
- A Night for the Last Wild Buffalo, with legendary poet and activist John Trudell: Saturday, Oct. 5 at 7 pm