Maxxam/Pacific Lumber Tries to Extort More Logging Plans
at Top Levels of State Government
Pacific Lumber is once again holding ancient redwoods hostage and threatening dire consequences for the community and for protected ancient trees if they don’t get what they want.
We’ve seen this before. During Headwaters deal negotiations in 1998-1999, their extortion [...]
Stop Timber Industry Greenwashing
Comments Needed by February 1
The timber industry’s American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) is pressuring the Green Building Council to promote wood from forests logged under the AF&PA’s “business as usual” Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) standards. The American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) is the most powerful timber trade [...]
Wednesday morning, as a warm day in dawned in the Rattlesnake Creek forest that feeds the headwaters of the Mattole River, two peaceful and dedicated tree-sitters (who are teachers at an environmental school) were visited by Eric Schatz, Maxxam/Pacific Lumber’s tree-sitter “extractor.” The tree
sits started in the area last summer to save the [...]
- News Update on Caltrans Bypass campaign in Willits: Native American resolution
- Bay Area Coalition for Headwaters Alert: Richardson Grove Redwoods Need Your Help!
- Take a Stand for the Wetlands on Oct.12
- Put the Brakes on Caltrans ! Tell Caltrans ~ No More Super Highways Where We Don’t Need Them !
- A Night for the Last Wild Buffalo, with legendary poet and activist John Trudell: Saturday, Oct. 5 at 7 pm