Maxxam/Pacific Lumber Tries to Extort More Logging Plans
at Top Levels of State Government
Pacific Lumber is once again holding ancient redwoods hostage and threatening dire consequences for the community and for protected ancient trees if they don’t get what they want.
We’ve seen this before. During Headwaters deal negotiations in 1998-1999, their extortion [...]
Stop Timber Industry Greenwashing
Comments Needed by February 1
The timber industry’s American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) is pressuring the Green Building Council to promote wood from forests logged under the AF&PA’s “business as usual” Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) standards. The American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) is the most powerful timber trade [...]
Wednesday morning, as a warm day in dawned in the Rattlesnake Creek forest that feeds the headwaters of the Mattole River, two peaceful and dedicated tree-sitters (who are teachers at an environmental school) were visited by Eric Schatz, Maxxam/Pacific Lumber’s tree-sitter “extractor.” The tree
sits started in the area last summer to save the [...]
- Caltrans is out of step with the times, says independent study. Write a letter today to add your voice for redwoods and wetlands!
- Please Write This Letter to the Water Board Today!
- Richardson Grove Update: WIN in Appeals Court!
- Protester gets reduced charges ::<>::<>:: Bypass opponents to converge on Water Board meeting
- Two court reports: Richardson Grove redwoods last week; Willits Bypass Protester in Court this week