Good news for a change…
This is big news, and indicates the importance of the SYP case, and its resolution, but as Cynthia Elkins points out, though there is still road to travel on this one. The big tragedy of this case, as well, is the fact that already approved timber harvest plans were [...]
Humboldt county, California-Three forest activists were forcibly extracted from high in the enormous radial branches of a 600 year old redwood tree, lowered 150 feet to the ground and placed under citizen’s arrest by Maxxam/Pacific Lumber (PL) employees on Saturday, Sept. 25 near Grizzly Creek Redwoods State Park in coastal northern California. A fourth activist [...]
Jury Stops Deliberation 6-2 in Favor of Plaintiffs
The eight jurors in the Pepper Spray by Q-tip trial informed the judge at 3:15 Wednesday afternoon (9/22) that they were “hopelessly deadlocked” and could not find resolution through further deliberation. After encouraging them to rethink their opinions and meeting privately with the jury foreman, Judge Susan [...]
The much-anticipated trial to determine if police violated Headwaters Forest activists’ civil rights when they applied pepper spray directly into their eyes with Q-tips will now start WEDNESDAY SEPT. 8, rather that Sept. 7 as previously scheduled. We were notified today by the Judge that another trial is overlapping, but everything else is going as [...]
- Caltrans is out of step with the times, says independent study. Write a letter today to add your voice for redwoods and wetlands!
- Please Write This Letter to the Water Board Today!
- Richardson Grove Update: WIN in Appeals Court!
- Protester gets reduced charges ::<>::<>:: Bypass opponents to converge on Water Board meeting
- Two court reports: Richardson Grove redwoods last week; Willits Bypass Protester in Court this week