You may remember the horrifying tv news coverage 7 years ago when Humboldt county sheriff deputies forced pepper spray into the eyes of non-violent Headwaters Forest activists with Q-tips soaked with the caustic chemical. The activists were conducting a sit-in for Headwaters Forest and were immobile, locked to each other around a stump. After the [...]
SB 754, the Heritage Tree Preservation Act, will permanently protect
the last of California’s old-growth trees on nonfederal land,
including Coast redwoods, Douglas-firs and Giant sequoias. Less than
one percent of these ancient giants remain, yet they are still being
logged. This bill will protect these trees, standing since before
- News Update on Caltrans Bypass campaign in Willits: Native American resolution
- Bay Area Coalition for Headwaters Alert: Richardson Grove Redwoods Need Your Help!
- Take a Stand for the Wetlands on Oct.12
- Put the Brakes on Caltrans ! Tell Caltrans ~ No More Super Highways Where We Don’t Need Them !
- A Night for the Last Wild Buffalo, with legendary poet and activist John Trudell: Saturday, Oct. 5 at 7 pm