You may remember the horrifying tv news coverage 7 years ago when Humboldt county sheriff deputies forced pepper spray into the eyes of non-violent Headwaters Forest activists with Q-tips soaked with the caustic chemical. The activists were conducting a sit-in for Headwaters Forest and were immobile, locked to each other around a stump. After the [...]
SB 754, the Heritage Tree Preservation Act, will permanently protect
the last of California’s old-growth trees on nonfederal land,
including Coast redwoods, Douglas-firs and Giant sequoias. Less than
one percent of these ancient giants remain, yet they are still being
logged. This bill will protect these trees, standing since before
- Army Corps caves and reinstates suspended permit; campaign continues
- Activists Defend Old Growth in Mattole River Valley
- Caltrans Permit for Willits Bypass Project SUSPENDED!
- Join Us for Stomp the Stumps annual music & dance benefit ! Friday, May 16
- Caltrans is out of step with the times, says independent study. Write a letter today to add your voice for redwoods and wetlands!