You may remember the horrifying tv news coverage 7 years ago when Humboldt county sheriff deputies forced pepper spray into the eyes of non-violent Headwaters Forest activists with Q-tips soaked with the caustic chemical. The activists were conducting a sit-in for Headwaters Forest and were immobile, locked to each other around a stump. After the [...]
SB 754, the Heritage Tree Preservation Act, will permanently protect
the last of California’s old-growth trees on nonfederal land,
including Coast redwoods, Douglas-firs and Giant sequoias. Less than
one percent of these ancient giants remain, yet they are still being
logged. This bill will protect these trees, standing since before
- Caltrans is out of step with the times, says independent study. Write a letter today to add your voice for redwoods and wetlands!
- Please Write This Letter to the Water Board Today!
- Richardson Grove Update: WIN in Appeals Court!
- Protester gets reduced charges ::<>::<>:: Bypass opponents to converge on Water Board meeting
- Two court reports: Richardson Grove redwoods last week; Willits Bypass Protester in Court this week