You may remember the horrifying tv news coverage 7 years ago when Humboldt county sheriff deputies forced pepper spray into the eyes of non-violent Headwaters Forest activists with Q-tips soaked with the caustic chemical. The activists were conducting a sit-in for Headwaters Forest and were immobile, locked to each other around a stump. After the […]
SB 754, the Heritage Tree Preservation Act, will permanently protect
the last of California’s old-growth trees on nonfederal land,
including Coast redwoods, Douglas-firs and Giant sequoias. Less than
one percent of these ancient giants remain, yet they are still being
logged. This bill will protect these trees, standing since before
- Great News for Redwoods; Demo Report-Back; Caltrans Wants More $$
- Join A.I.M. elders, Pomo Indian People & Earth Defenders for a Demonstration in S.F. Nov. 18 to protest desecration of Ancient Pomo Indian Sites!
- ✥ Buffalo Campaign Show in Berkeley Sept 26 ✥ ✥ Native Archeological Sites At Issue in Caltrans Willits Bypass Campaign: Update ✥
- Big trucks, big highways or wild coastal ecosystems?
- Army Corps caves and reinstates suspended permit; campaign continues