THANK YOU !!
to everyone who wrote letters, emailed legislators, and otherwise helped the Heritage Tree bill (SB 754) move forward. The bill, a ban on cutting many species of old growth trees in California on private forestland PASSED the Assembly Natural Resources Committee on Monday. A news story with details is pasted below.
Action Alert on SB 754
On Monday, June 14th at 1:30pm, the Assembly Natural Resources
Committee will vote on the Heritage Tree Preservation Act (SB 754).
At noon, on the North Steps of the Capitol, Keely and Pierce Brosnan will will be present for a Press Conference urging the Natural Resources Committee to vote […]
- Comment now: TELL CALTRANS that Richardson Grove, Willits Bypass and 197/199 Smith River Projects Contradict Their Own Goals
- Richardson Grove Attack Redux Announced
- Caltrans’ Construction of Bypass Collapses: Workers Hurt; Alkaline Cement in Salmon Stream
- Great News for Redwoods; Demo Report-Back; Caltrans Wants More $$
- Join A.I.M. elders, Pomo Indian People & Earth Defenders for a Demonstration in S.F. Nov. 18 to protest desecration of Ancient Pomo Indian Sites!