THANK YOU !!
to everyone who wrote letters, emailed legislators, and otherwise helped the Heritage Tree bill (SB 754) move forward. The bill, a ban on cutting many species of old growth trees in California on private forestland PASSED the Assembly Natural Resources Committee on Monday. A news story with details is pasted below.
Action Alert on SB 754
On Monday, June 14th at 1:30pm, the Assembly Natural Resources
Committee will vote on the Heritage Tree Preservation Act (SB 754).
At noon, on the North Steps of the Capitol, Keely and Pierce Brosnan will will be present for a Press Conference urging the Natural Resources Committee to vote [...]
- ✥ Buffalo Campaign Show in Berkeley Sept 26 ✥ ✥ Native Archeological Sites At Issue in Caltrans Willits Bypass Campaign: Update ✥
- Big trucks, big highways or wild coastal ecosystems?
- Army Corps caves and reinstates suspended permit; campaign continues
- Activists Defend Old Growth in Mattole River Valley
- Caltrans Permit for Willits Bypass Project SUSPENDED!